Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 5 EOC: Progress towards my 4 professional contacts and progress networking.

My progress towards meeting my 4 professional contacts is still a working progress, but I am sure to set up these meetings. I already have 2 people in mind, a lawyer, and an accountant, but insurance will take some time. I still need to get business cards and contact information from 20 professionals within the industry. Right now I can make it 17. I already have the contact information and card of my internship manager and my father has information to two other sources. I also recently met with another executive for Sight and Sound productions. I will see to it that I have all these contacts by the due date of this project. I am also taking into account that I go to one or more of these social networking events. I believe they will help me find the people I need to know and I’m sure getting the contact information will be easy. Today in class I got a chance to look up several of these Networking Events like CES, and I will plan to set up a time to go to one of them.

I look to gain more knowledge about these networking events and to meet more people who have a lot of knowledge in the industry. This week I will be working with my internship manager on a massive film project. I'm sure to meet more contacts, and a possible chance to enter another networking event. I also need to improve on my social skills when working with others. I am known to be a bit shy, but this is quickly fading away as I become more in tuned with the industry. I have even undergone work in managing my work and putting together my plans for meeting these contacts. Organization is a very important skill in gaining work and information from professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment