Monday, August 15, 2011

EOC Week 6: How do I see my role starting in the industry?

     I see myself working my way up in the editing and writing industry before I take up any directing positions. I look towards my skill with final cut and premiere pro as my ticket into the industry. I have already edited for my internship and I plan to continue editing for my professional career. Writing has also inspired me to continue doing one of my favorite pastimes. I have looked up information about famous writers and novelists who have taken up pretty good careers. I plan to use my writing skills as a way to get my foot into the directing career. Editing is something I like to continue as a lower career, but it isn't something I intend to make a living out of.

     I look to further my studies in writing and I plan to have several jobs related to editing as well as camera and lighting, but I still see myself working hard to get such a position as director. When it comes down to my professional career I seem to lean more towards the pre and post production aspect of filming, but like I have once stated in a previous blog, I plan to finally get the chance to direct a major motion picture.

     Today, I am glad that I chose to be a student at the Art Institute. It has taught me quite a lot about film making and what I need to accomplish in order to make it in the professional world. I have been introduced to this profession, but I still see myself on the sidelines of this art. Now, with the knowledge I have I can easily see myself in an industry I have only dreamed about working in and getting to know people I have only seen on television or in the movies. I hope this experience has been worth it. Now, I can safely say to the world that I am about to enter this massive family, and I have great ideas that I'm not afraid to reveal in this industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment