Monday, August 29, 2011

EOC Week 8: What is the Producer's most important role?

The role of the producer is to put together all the necessary requirements for the film into action. This includes all agreements, contracts, meetings, and the cast and crew together. They are also the ones who have full responsibility for the film. The job of the producer is to make sure everything is signed and accounted for, or basically, they are the ones who worry about the film the most. Even though this is a tedious job it is also the most highest paying job in the industry, so to some it is well worth the hard work. This is a job I wouldn't want to work in, but I would need a good producer if I am to become a successful director. One good thing is that I don't have to worry about the legal process of film as much as the producer because it will be he or she who gets the notice or the action, but it could be trouble on my part because there are laws that could even threaten my standing as a director. A good example would be if I had filmed a certain scene and the producer did not sign an agreement form for that location, or actor, or product, and I have already agreed to not filming that particular scene it would be my fault, and I will be the one in trouble. Producing is a lot of paperwork and social meetings, it is not my kind of business, but I would take this job if I had no other choice. Besides most independent filmmakers have to produce their own films on many occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment