Monday, August 22, 2011

BOC Week 7: Photo Challenge Visual Effects

This photo challenge was about getting a picture that detailed your ability in visual effects. The photo I chose was an old final project I did for a digital imaging class back in 2009. This was a big project when I was given the details for it. It took a long time to put together all the photos I did in my living room and with a masking effect placed them all in the shot. I was originally coming up with ideas for what my theme was going to be, but I then thought of a photo I remembered in a students portfolio show that had hundreds of copies of himself doing various activities. I then began to plan out little scenarios with different clothing and I came up with this photo. I got me a passing grade for the final and I have used this photo in various other projects, but only as a portrait in a background. Ever since, I have not used this photo in quite some time, and it tends to go overlooked when I'm searching for a good project, but when this week's photo challenged was announced I decided to look through all my old work to find something worthy. This was not my first choice. I had other ideas about using some of my green screen videos or motion graphics, but in the end I decided to look to my older pictorial work for inspiration. It was at that moment that this photo came to mind. I feel proud of this picture because it shows what I can do with simple effects and a lot of patience, and it really describes my diverse character.

No comments:

Post a Comment